The Rejected Writer

A blog dedicated to one writer's search for an agent, and the inane rejections that come from inane agents who have forgotten who pays their mortgage.

Name:
Location: Near Bellinghausen Station, Antartica

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Rejection number tre

Two sentences. That's all my query was worth.

"Thanks XXX. It's not for me."

Not sure if that's better or worse than the rejections that tell me how supportive XYZ agency is of writers, but they just don't think I'm a match for them.

Whatever.

My favorite of the rejections thus far was an agent who actually had the metaphorical balls to apologize for the form rejection.

NOTE TO AGENTS: Don't apologize for something you don't really feel sorry about!!! You demean writers when you do this, which only goes to prove that you are NOT supportive of writers, even if they're "not quite right" for your agency.

Please! We're not stupid!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Daniel Lazar?

Just guessin'!

1:38 AM  
Blogger The Rejected Writer said...

oops! sent you an e-mail on this. I mis-saw which post your note was under. Sorry about that.

2:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home